How to clean Morrison trainers?
Keeping your shoes clean is a headache for you?
When you buy a pair of shoes, keeping them as good as new is a real challenge. In this guide, we show you in detail the steps to clean your Morrison shoes, giving you tips depending on the material they are made of, so you no longer have an excuse to keep your shoes spotless!
Let's get started!
What products should I use to clean my shoes?
To clean your Morrison shoes effectively, it is important to use the right products. And what better than using specific cleaners. At Morrison, we have a cleaning kit made and designed exclusively to leave your shoes looking like new. The best way to keep your shoes as good as new is to prevent dirt and we have the perfect products for that. Here's a breakdown of the materials you'll need:
- Crepe Cleanser: Ideal for removing stains from trainers. There's nothing better for removing dirt and dust from the surface of your shoes.
- Water repellent spray: It is specifically designed for our shoes and is the best option to prevent them from staining. It protects the outer surface of split leather and fabric shoes. In addition, it enriches their texture and colour.
Steps to clean shoes
We make it easy for you. Follow the steps below to clean your trainers - it's impossible to get lost!
- Remove the laces: Untie the laces and remove them from the shoes. This will make cleaning easier and prevent them from getting dirty in the process.
- Remove surface dirt: Use the dry cleaning crepe to remove any dirt or dust present on the surface of the shoes.
- Pay special attention to areas with visible stains. In the case of a small stain that has hardly penetrated the shoe, use the soft side. To make the stain come out, simply rub the rubber gently as if you were "erasing the stain".
- For more stubborn stains that have penetrated, but are not too deep, we will use the thicker part of the cleaning crepe. The way to use it would be the same: rubbing the rubber against the stain gently. WARNING! Do not get the shoe or the crepe rubber wet.
- Use the water repellent spray: Once the shoes have been cleaned, the shoe protection spray comes into action. This will repel water and prevent small damp patches from forming when water comes into contact with the shoes (when going out on a rainy day or stepping in puddles, for example). How do I use it?
- After cleaning the shoes: shake the water-repellent spray can a little.
- Spray the entire surface of the shoes uniformly about 15 cm away from the shoes.
- Leave to dry naturally. Never in direct sunlight or using a hairdryer or artificial heat sources.
The duration of the effect of the spray depends on the exposure of the shoe to moisture. On humid days, it is therefore recommended to repeat the application of the spray.
Cleaning and care tips per shoe material
It goes without saying. Not all materials should be treated in the same way. At Morrison, we use 3 main materials to make our shoes. We have leather shoes, cloth sneakers and suede shoes. That's why we are going to give you different advice depending on the composition of your shoe if you don't have our cleaning kit.
- Use a soft bristle brush to gently remove dust and surface dirt.
TIP: For more stubborn stains, you can gently rub with an eraser.
- Avoid getting suede wet, as this can damage it.
- After cleaning, gently brush in the direction of the suede pile to restore its velvety soft appearance.
- Use a soft brush and gently scrub the soiled areas. It is not recommended, but you can rinse with clean water.
- Allow fabric shoes to air dry, avoiding direct exposure to the sun or intense heat.
- Clean leather shoes regularly with a soft, damp cloth to remove dust and surface dirt.
- Use a mild, specific leather cleaner to clean stubborn stains according to the product's instructions. Avoid over-wetting leather shoes and dry them in the open air. Do not use direct heat sources such as dryers or heaters to speed up the drying process.
Trust us. Cleaning your Morrison shoes and keeping them in excellent condition is easier than it looks. Follow these tips and you will prolong the life of your shoes.
So don't wait any longer, put these tips into practice and enjoy your Morrison sneakers always radiant!